Introduction To Multi-Pitch Climbing: 2 Day Course
Why This Course Is The One For You.
You’ve grasped lead climbing. Now your inner adventurer is yoloing for the next challenge. Multi-pitch climbing in the UK will open up a whole new world of routes to you, however, making the transition from single to multi-pitch climbing can feel incredibly daunting. This course will give you the confidence and skills required.
A Brief Intro.
All angles of multi-pitch climbing will be covered on North East Outdoor Adventures’ 2 day course. From avoiding rope tangles to understanding how multi-rope systems operate, you will have the basic understanding needed to start multi-pitch climbing right away.
What We Will Cover.
- What climbing gear you’ll need to take on a multi-pitch route (including choosing an appropriate rack).
- How to find a route in complex terrain.
- How to strategically break down your route.
- How to climb a route efficiently and quickly.
- How to build multi-pitch belays using anchors in reach and/or out of reach.
- Management of hanging belays.
- Guidebook interpretation.
- Understanding when to keep pitches short.
- Refining stance management to avoid rope tangles and twists.
- How to effectively communicate with your partner during multi-pitch climbs.
- Multi-pitch abseiling skills (how to descend safely).
- Tackling basic rescues.